• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I need a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janefree

Recently I was with a child in WV who found some money which I turned over to a man in a security uniform. I handed it to him quickly and turned away to my son who was needing my attention and did not give it a second thought. The child's guardian then called the place so her child could receive the money if unclaimed. The security people called me and after my description said the uniform didn't match theirs and the money was never reported turned in. Now they are wanting to get the police involved for petty theft. They allowed the guardian to view security tapes but they did not show me talking to anyone. My 6 year old was the only one with me at the time but he is 6 has been diagonosed with ADD. He doesn't remember anything but the games he played. The guardian is now questioning me in ways that make me feel that I am a suspect. Is there a case here? Could I possibly be charged with petty theft? If so can I fight it and when should I get a lawyer?

[This message has been edited by janefree (edited September 19, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">