• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I own this property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnalorac

What is the name of your state?California
I don't understand what this Trust Transfer Deed and Quickclaim Deed really mean. Can someone please explain them to me? The upper right hand corner of both document show they have been recorded with County Recorder, there is also a bar code and date and time stamp. I receive all property tax bills. My mom is still alive, but is not currently living at this property.

TRUST TRANSFER DEED
Conveyance transferring interest into a living trust, R & T 11930
Grantor my MOM’S NAME, trustee of ********* revocable living trust hereby grants to: MY NAME, Trustee of the First Amended and Restated My MOM’S NAME Restated Revocable Trust dated April 23, 2012 that real property in the City of Laguna Hills, County of Orange, State of California, described as follows: Commonly known as ADDRESS OF PROPERTY
Signed by my mom
Mail tax statements as directed above. Which states WHEN RECORED MAIL THIS AND TAX STATEMENTS TO: MY NAME AND ADDRESS
QUICKCLAIM DEED
“This conveyance is a bonafide gift and the grantor received nothing in return R&T 11911.”
(Note: this quitclaim is to clear title on a wild deed when 5-7-08 deed from MY MOM’S NAME Trustee of the MY PARENT LAST NAME Revocable Living Trust to MY NAME, Successor Trustee of the MY PARENTS LAST NAME Family Trust dated May 7, 2008, was executed and recorded, MY NAME was not the trustee of the MY PARENT'S LAST NAME Family Trust.)
FOR A VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged,
MY NAME, Successor Trustee of THE *******FAMILY TRUST dated May 7, 2008, hereby REMISES, RELEASES AND QUITCLAIMS TO:
MY NAME, trustee of the First Amended and Restated MY MOM’S NAME Revocable Trust dated April 23, 2012, all of her right, title and interest in and to that real property in the City of Laguna Hills, County of Orange, State of California, legally described as set forth on Exhibit “A” attached hereto and by this reference made part hereof.
Commonly known as ADDRESS OF PROPERTY
Signed by me
MY NAME, Successor Trustee of the *****Family Trust dated May 7, 2008
Mail tax statements as directed above. Which states WHEN RECORED MAIL THIS AND TAX STATEMENTS TO: MY NAME AND ADDRESS

quincy

Please keep all of your related questions to a single thread. Duplicate threads are deleted.

Thanks.

zddoodah

I don't understand what this Trust Transfer Deed and Quickclaim Deed really mean.
Well...let's start with the fact that there's no such thing as a "quickclaim deed." It's curious that you'd make this mistake since you seemingly have the deed (or a copy of it), but the term is "quitclaim deed."

The upper right hand corner of both document show they have been recorded with County Recorder
Which document was recorded first?

Can someone please explain them to me?
Yes, and the best person to do that is an attorney who has read both deeds. I found it impossible to make sense of your summaries. Sounds like there are two different trusts? If you're trustee of the trust(s), then seek advice from an attorney about what the deeds mean.

quincy

This thread is slated to be locked. I wish you had read and responded to the other thread instead, Doodah.

nnalorac

Well...let's start with the fact that there's no such thing as a "quickclaim deed." It's curious that you'd make this mistake since you seemingly have the deed (or a copy of it), but the term is "quitclaim deed."

Which document was recorded first?

Yes, and the best person to do that is an attorney who has read both deeds. I found it impossible to make sense of your summaries. Sounds like there are two different trusts? If you're trustee of the trust(s), then seek advice from an attorney about what the deeds mean.
Sorry for the quitclaim typo, both deeds are referring to the same property they were recorded on the same day with the same time stamp. Both docs are word for word except I omitted the names and though I should fill that information with something generic. I have since reread it and I see what you mean. I am currently trustee of the trust but my brother is trying to have me removed and he placed as the trustee. My mother's Will states that I will inherit the property when she dies. I was trying to determine if these doc offered me any protection. I believe his end play is to have my mother rewrite her will giving him the property. She was starting to lose it before Covid. I have no idea what her mental state is now. I had taken my mother up north to visit my brother for a couple of week and was due to pick her up when California went on lockdown. My husband and I received our second Covid vaccine and had made plans to pick my mother up. My brother has since isolated my mom and he allows no contact. I believe my brother will take my mom to an attorney up north and have her rewrite her will. My mother is 97 years old and is easily manipulated by my brother. I was trying to determine if these two docs would offer me any protection from my brothers greed. But I see now that these two docs are worthless and he will inherit everything. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

quincy

The consensus from the responders in both of your threads appears to be that you will need to seek out a personal review of your documents by an attorney in your area.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">