• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I really owe?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LindaP777

tabntodd said:
My credit is crappy anyway. Can he garnish me or any other legal thing to get his money? Just curious.
My personal favorite - garnishment. It takes a while, but I always get my money. If you now have, or will have in the future, a J-O-B, the landlord will get his money from you. What makes you think you should be able to live under his roof w/o paying him??? You did enter into an agreement with him that if he provided a home for you to live in, you would pay rent, right?

pejordan

So, let me get this straight, if the tenant hasn't paid rent for the past 4 months, the ll is still obligated to give that tenant a 30 day notice to get out?

LindaP777

pejordan said:
So, let me get this straight, if the tenant hasn't paid rent for the past 4 months, the ll is still obligated to give that tenant a 30 day notice to get out?
As opposed to what? Just pitching their stuff out & changing the locks??? Highly unadvisable. Depending on the state, a 30 day notice (I thought someone said some states actually require a 60 day notice) would be required before removing the tenant.
Shame on the LL for letting the deadbeats live there for so long w/o paying

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">