• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doctor missed why I have edeama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CyberTech

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Michigan

I have been dealing with edema for over 6 months now. In December my feet and legs were very swollen, hurt and it was hard for me to breath. I went to the ER and they ran many tests, found nothing. Later a Doctor that was filling in for my regular Doctor ordered more testing. They found I had Chronic Asthma and put me on Furosemide and a in-hailer Quvar.

My edema was some what better, but still bad. I was told to wear compression socks, and keep taking my Furosemide each day. Every time I went back for check ups the Doctor told me it could be from many things that I was tested for, (all normal) some times it just happens.

Last week I went in again for a BP check, I asked again why. He looked back and found it may have been Amlodipine he told me to take 3 months before the edema started. He told me to stop it and continue the Furosemide for a bit ans see what happens.

4 Days later, my feet are now normal, they feel great! OMG!

This pissed me off.... took 2 non payed sick days off during this time from work, could not go places at times because of the pain, and now I am better because he over looked a detail.

Boy I would love to sue his butt..... for all the mental pain and all for what I have been through for 6 months.

But is it a case or not, and worth it?

lealea1005

From your other thread I see you have several medical issues which could have caused the edema. What other medications are you taking at this time?

Why would you want to sue your Physician for finally finding the issue and fixing it???

CyberTech

Oh I'm just up set......

Atenolol
Aspirin .81mg
Darvocet N
Furosemide
Lisinopril-HTC
Omeprazole
ProAir Inhaler as needed
Qvar inhailer

I do not take much RX.

ecmst12

Sorry you're upset. No, you don't appear to have much of a case. Edema can be caused by LOTS of things.

lealea1005

Oh I'm just up set......

Atenolol
Aspirin .81mg
Darvocet N
Furosemide
Lisinopril-HTC
Omeprazole
ProAir Inhaler as needed
Qvar inhailer

I do not take much RX.

Oh, I don't know.... 7 prescription medications are quite a few, IMHO.

As I said earlier, you have several medical conditions which could cause your edema. When a patient has so many medical conditions, especially chronic conditions, it's sometimes difficult to pinpoint the cause of one issue such as edema. It's a process of elimination.

CyberTech

Sorry guys you know how it gets when your in pain all the time, 24 hours a day and sick of it. I guess I typed before I thought, is that like speaking before you think? Thanks to all on here, wish you all well.

Dave

nikeman

No offense but you sound like one of those people who just searches for a reason to sue someone when you go to the hospital or doctors office. You have to understand that doctors have tons of information in there heads and for the most part most are very intelligent and know what they are talking about. They are responsible for hearing about all of your symptoms and using them to make a diagnosis. They are not going to be able to make the right diagnosis every time because so many different things have identical symptoms. I am not sure what I am getting at here but I just wish people would stop looking at hospitals and doctors as a get rich quick opportunity and instead look at them as a place in which to get treatment. Its people like that who have destroyed our economy because of all of the stupid petty lawsuits which caused medical care costs to go up to cover them and therefore raising the cost of medical insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">