• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does custody change affect child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BelizeBreeze:
Clearly you still haven't read my post, I answered the standard question of where I lived, which is Missouri. I did state where the orders were issued, in South Carolina and Tennessee. This is not that difficult. I didn't realize I had to speak to people as if they had the mentality of a kindergartner. In the future I will be sure to do so.

I have no idea where you got the notion that I believe everyone else is wrong???? Clearly I am not a legal professional and was seeking answers to my questions, that is all. If it is such a waste of your time that you can not read a post in it's entirety or ask for additional information without being rude then perhaps you shouldn't respond at all.

Stealth2 you are absolutely correct. I apologize, I didn't realize that the mother's location would affect where we filed ect.. I was under the impression that any matters concerning the child would be heard in the state where the child has resided for the last 6 months. Thank you for the clarification and I will be sure to add that information in any future posts.

Thanks again, all, for the information, it is much appreciated.

Whyte Noise

StepMommy79 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri
In their divorce decree custody of my husband's son was awarded to his ex-wife, as well as child support, in South Carolina (Child support was ordered to be paid directly to the mother not through the court). The mother moved to Tennessee a few years later. Child protective services became involved and she lost all of her children to the state. The Tennessee Juvenile Court awarded custody to both my husband and myself (yes I am written into the court order to have custody as well). The mother was not granted visitation. However the Judge did not address child support either. Since the most recent court order did not address child support does that mean that there is no child support paid to either party, or would the origional order in the divorce decree to pay the mother still stand until there was another court order addressing child support? We do not want child support from the child's mother however we do not want to be responsible to pay her child support for a child she no longer has custody of. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!
Do you have the court order granting the father custody? If so, go and read it. See if it says anything like, "Prior orders for CS in this case are vacated" or something along those lines. Just becasue he didn't address the mother paying CS to you doesn't mean that the prior order for him to pay CS to her wasn't vacated.

BelizeBreeze

StepMommy79 said:
BelizeBreeze:
Clearly you still haven't read my post, I answered the standard question of where I lived, which is Missouri. I did state where the orders were issued, in South Carolina and Tennessee. This is not that difficult. I didn't realize I had to speak to people as if they had the mentality of a kindergartner. In the future I will be sure to do so.

I have no idea where you got the notion that I believe everyone else is wrong???? Clearly I am not a legal professional and was seeking answers to my questions, that is all. If it is such a waste of your time that you can not read a post in it's entirety or ask for additional information without being rude then perhaps you shouldn't respond at all.

Stealth2 you are absolutely correct. I apologize, I didn't realize that the mother's location would affect where we filed ect.. I was under the impression that any matters concerning the child would be heard in the state where the child has resided for the last 6 months. Thank you for the clarification and I will be sure to add that information in any future posts.

Thanks again, all, for the information, it is much appreciated.
So, which is it? You either "...did state where the orders were issued, in South Carolina and Tennessee" or "...didn't realize that the mother's location would affect where we filed ect.. "

keep your attitude to yourself lady. I don't give a rat's ass what happens to you or the brat now.

I'm not the one with the attitude. You are a condescending arrogant prick who apparently gets his jolly's on being rude to others. You asked why didn't I say in my original post that my husband and I live in Missouri. to which I responded accordingly in a polite and civil manner. Get your act together buddy, you're not as intelligent as you think you are.

Furthermore, you don't know anything about me or my child. You're a real piece of work to make hateful statements regarding a child. I only asked for a legal response, not your smart mouth attitude. I tried to respond nicely and be civil, but apparently you have so little class you can't do the same. I never asked you to "give a rat's ass", only to answer a simple inquiry without making rude statements. Apparently others on the board are quite capable of responding without rudeness and insults, even Stealth disagreed with me without being boorish. There is no cause to treat people that way. However, what goes around comes around, so I'm sure you will receive the same ill-mannered treatment in you own life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">