• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does FERPA / Buckley Amendment prevent me from seeing my son's financial aid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commentator

I found that the guidelines for income for some of the grants and programs for which one fills out the FAFSA are not anything like what you'd need to be classified as "low income" for poverty type needs-based programs. In fact, though I was fully employed and comfortably self-supporting, I discovered when they were attending college that some of my kids qualified for quite a bit of aid though I did not consider myself "low income." Perhaps this person is laboring under the delusion that his child submitted false documentation of the family income, when this may certainly not turn out to be the case. They are notoriously more suspicious and inclined to require documentation than most people believe. Nobody just takes anybody's word for it on any income based program. And in this computer based information age, they certainly can check up on things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">