• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog bite am I responisible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sorry wasnt trying to confuse anyone just thought typing it in first person was a lot easier. My friend brought her insurance policy over and it doesn't cover dog bites anyway. Just trying to help her out as she has no internet services. again my intention wasnt to confuse anyone:eek:

gawm

How serious was the bite? If the bite wasn't too serious and if your homeowner’s policy specifically states it excludes dog bites, then that might end the lawyer’s involvement. That’s not to say you won't be sued in small claims.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
11 stitches in the cheek. It sounds bad to me but others have said its not so bad considering what some aggressive dogs do.
Sure - *some* aggressive dogs will chew your arm off at the shoulder. So taking a finger isn't "so bad". :rolleyes: A face bite is ALWAYS bad.

That is what I said. It sounds very serious to me. I wasnt saying it wasnt serious. So what are the chances of them winning in small claims court. Like I said it wasnt my dog.

Beanie711

11 stitches in the cheek. It sounds bad to me but others have said its not so bad considering what some aggressive dogs do.
You need to tell your friends that maybe they should get bit in the face and see if their 11 stitches "aren't so bad." I realize you didn't say that, but man, your friends need to think before speaking.

I have no idea what the judge may think in small claims. I'm sure they'll say the owner of the dog should have had control of it at all times, but I don't know how that will trickle down to you.

Ozark_Sophist

In Kansas the other day, a man who was attacked by a pitbull was awarded $7.25 million in damages. Anybody else heard of a dog bite case that did not result in death awarded more than that?

CJane

From the link provided above:

A Jackson County judge awarded $7.25 million to a man who was viciously mauled by several pit bulls in 2006, finding the owners of the rental property where the dogs were kept were liable.

Shay-Pari'e

From the link provided above:

A Jackson County judge awarded $7.25 million to a man who was viciously mauled by several pit bulls in 2006, finding the owners of the rental property where the dogs were kept were liable.
Yep, since they don't pay rent, they could be considered guests, (Even worse for the owner).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">