• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog bite on the face

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PeterK01

I would make a call to a smaller urgent care or family doctor and have them make a recommendation if they can't help. They are typically faster and lower cost.

TigerD

And, I don't believe that people who are trained as firemen are authorized to stitch wounds in Missouri.

TD

ecmst12

If you present at the ER with cuts on your face that need stitching, they will get a plastic surgeon to do the repair to minimize the chance of scarring. Backyard surgery on your face...I just can't even.

quincy

Quick question guys.

Where would I go to get this treated? Big hospital? Independent clinics? I've never been to any medical center on my own. The only times I went were when I was taken there by my parents when I was little.
Taking action to have a doctor examine and treat the bites right after you were bitten would have been smart, even if that meant you had to go to the emergency room of your local hospital.

I would not wait to make an appointment with a doctor if you do not already have a doctor of your own. Just go now to the hospital and get the bites examined before any more time passes. You do not want any scarring or infection to be caused solely by your delay in seeking timely treatment.

Good luck.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Backyard surgery on your face...I just can't even.
My paternal grandfather was the "seamstress" (seamster?) in the family. Even stitched up my Aunt's head when she had a hatchet thrown at her with alarming accuracy by a sibling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">