• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domain Name Legal Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

This is in tx.
My father had a on-line ecommerce site at lets somewebsite.com.
The business was a originally a sole properietership, but a web-master came along and since he was doing all of the work we to get the site published my father cut him in on the profits. Eventually he was cut in on 50% of the profits which apparently in Tx makes the company a partnrship.
Now earlier this year my father died, and I recieved the company as an inherritance. I signed a non recouse contract buying out the old web master until I fail to pay him. Now it appears that I may not able to pay him this upcoming month which will give him rights to: the company name, the domain name: somewebsite.com, the deed to the building (nothing inside) and the land.
Now here's where my question comes in, for the past few months, while the original webmaster was no longer legally a partner, I hired another webmaster. During this time I expanded the site to somewebsite.net (original was a .com) on a different ecommerce platform with a different design and have been heavily pushing that site.
After the original webmaster is able to take the company back over do we I get to keep the .org domain name and template since all of this was done while he wasn't with the company? or does it depend on the contract, since it specificly says it says he only has the rights to the .com on the domain (we didn't have the .net at the time)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">