• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violation charge droped, but still can't get child back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vo1

Van Nuys, CA- I need some really good legal Advice! My husband and I got into a fight. We both assaulted each other. My husband called the police. We have a four year old daughter who was asleep. She was taken from us since we were both arrested. They placed her in a foster home for two days, even though there were grandparent's willing to take her. She was eventually given to the grandparent's. The case was completely dropped by the police. We we're only detained. Dept of Child and Family Services will not return her to us. We have gone to two hearings and can't seem to get our daughter back. This is the first time we have ever physically assaulted each other in the 10 yrs we've known each other. We have a squeeky clean record. We voluntarily signed up for domestic violence classes and parenting classes and have been going twice a week. We're committed to staying together, we're reading every book on DV, going to church but we can't seem to get her back. She misses us and home terribly. I now feel DCFS is abusing our child. She was a happy well ajusted child before this, now I fear for her health. She cries to come home and has stomach aches. Please tell me what I can do and how long it will take to convince DCFS that we would NEVER hurt our child. She is our sunshine.

LdiJ

Van Nuys, CA- I need some really good legal Advice! My husband and I got into a fight. We both assaulted each other. My husband called the police. We have a four year old daughter who was asleep. She was taken from us since we were both arrested. They placed her in a foster home for two days, even though there were grandparent's willing to take her. She was eventually given to the grandparent's. The case was completely dropped by the police. We we're only detained. Dept of Child and Family Services will not return her to us. We have gone to two hearings and can't seem to get our daughter back. This is the first time we have ever physically assaulted each other in the 10 yrs we've known each other. We have a squeeky clean record. We voluntarily signed up for domestic violence classes and parenting classes and have been going twice a week. We're committed to staying together, we're reading every book on DV, going to church but we can't seem to get her back. She misses us and home terribly. I now feel DCFS is abusing our child. She was a happy well ajusted child before this, now I fear for her health. She cries to come home and has stomach aches. Please tell me what I can do and how long it will take to convince DCFS that we would NEVER hurt our child. She is our sunshine.
Normally they would have told you what they needed you to do in order to get your child returned to you. Have they not given you any instructions at all?

quincy

The good news is that sometimes, when given enough time, these problems just work themselves out. DCFS can no longer keep the daughter from her parents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">