• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't know if it belongs here...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FelixTheCat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?CA
I've lived in Germany (study) for 5 years and didn't change address at my DMV :(
Now I need to renew my passport. What is a worst case scenario? Any suggestions to miimize damage? Help, please...

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?CA
I've lived in Germany (study) for 5 years and didn't change address at my DMV :(
Now I need to renew my passport. What is a worst case scenario? Any suggestions to miimize damage? Help, please...
**A: and what did the passport place tell you when you inquired?

FelixTheCat

**A: and what did the passport place tell you when you inquired?
I need to go to consulate and give them my old passport along with the application... But what to put under "permanent address" there? I don't have one in the States right now...
Should I put there my last address that they have also in DMV? Here I've changed my address 5 times for 5 years, so I had've change it 5 times with DMV?
Lost myself here...

Ozark_Sophist

I need to go to consulate and give them my old passport along with the application... But what to put under "permanent address" there? I don't have one in the States right now...
Should I put there my last address that they have also in DMV? Here I've changed my address 5 times for 5 years, so I had've change it 5 times with DMV?
Lost myself here...
Don't put the old address down under permanent address. That would be fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">