• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Downgraded to a 39:3-40i. Can someone help me make sense of this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

10edenguy

I'm from NJ and got a downgrade from driving while suspended (39:3-40) to an administrative suspension (39:3-40i). I was under the impression that if I did this it would be a downgrade and that I may not have another suspension on my license. My license wasn't taken away and I only need to pay the 180. How is this a downgrade and is there a possibility of being suspended again by NJ MVC? I need my license to get to work and school. Thanks for your advice and help. I appreciate it.

FlyingRon

The first question is why was your license suspended? The (i) citation implies that there was some unpaid ticket or something. Have you addressed that and then gone to the DMV and properly reinstated your license. If so, you owe only the fine/costs on the DWLS ticket. There's no further suspension (or increase in suspension) inherent in that cite.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">