• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dr and bankruptcy question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nailtech

well during my divorce and afterwards several years ago.. my husband at the time was sick, he went back and forth to a small town clinic here the only one for miles away.. he left me with about 1000.00 worth of unpaid medical bills in my name... me and my new husband are filing BK... we are including it also (the clinic)... my question is... can they now refuse me service at the clinic because I filed on them for the past due amount? my current charges are up to date.. its the disputed 1,000.00 I refused to pay them because they belonged to my ex that they mistakenly put on my account and refused to take it off claiming they dont get into divorce disputes.. I laughed, saying it was not a divorce dispute, its a money dispute over something that does not belong to me...

K

KPR

If you name the Dr. in the BK you are absolved from that debt forever. If they refuse to treat you, than it becomes discrimination against you. They do not want that. Good Luck.

nailtech

well how is that going to work with our insurance, cause the insurance pays them... ?? we never get the option.. we only pay a co-pay... i'm confused...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">