• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug-Free WorkPlace Firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jazmin30

I have recently be fired for testing positive on a pre-employment drug screen. I have actually be working as an employee for almost 90 days when this came about. I was not offered any recourse or second confirmation test which, as far as I can tell, I am intitled to by State of Tennessee law. I also have never received my written positive test results from the lab that my specimen was sent to. All I got was a phone call from the supposed doctor and then discharged 2 days later. Is this legal and do I have any options to take regarding this?

A

andi

The best thing you can do is contact the Department of labor in Tennessee and discuss the issue...I believe that you are correct and are entitled to written confirmation of the results, but am not sure if you have additional rights. Employers are entitiled to test employees, but I beleive that the conditions for those tests vary from state to state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">