• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI and Nevada blood test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceara19

Juries make decisions all the time based on sympathy, I hope this tape exists so the jury can see someone nearly choked to death by the same people that are suppose to protect us. I really thought i was living in a third world country. I recall saying something like " Jeez am I in a third world country right now" after I was choked.

I will just have to wait and see what happens, a person that is respectful to police officers and not abusive and then gets strangled will not look good for a officer of the law. On the flip side to that if I acted like an ass the police officer would look good.
You may be quite surprised to find out that your recollection of the events was clouded by the fact that you were drinking. If the video still exists, it likely upholds the officer's version of events, not yours.

As far as the jury is concerned, any initial sympathy they may have will be erased once the prosecutor finishes his eloquent monologue about the danger drunk drivers pose to them, the average citizen, and their family.

blove29

1 out of 123 licensed drivers in the Us this year will be pulled over for Dui. Lol some of the jury will probably have a Dui at chance, although i do not know if they are allowed to serve on a jury

blove29

You are right they wont, but if you want an average jury they need people that have gone to jail or had a dui or something to that affect so they can understand better what a person has to go through because a person that has had the pleasure of not having to deal with the police and the criminal system have no idea what it is like and are totally clueless on alot of things.

You are right they wont, but if you want an average jury they need people that have gone to jail or had a dui or something to that affect so they can understand better what a person has to go through because a person that has had the pleasure of not having to deal with the police and the criminal system have no idea what it is like and are totally clueless on alot of things.
You do realize how insane that comment is right? The jury is to have no bias! Getting jurors with no background in trial area are best. Criminals are not good jurors! Far has jurors understanding that is what the Attorneys do they help jurors "understand"

ceara19

1 out of 123 licensed drivers in the Us this year will be pulled over for Dui. Lol some of the jury will probably have a Dui at chance, although i do not know if they are allowed to serve on a jury
You know, it's not a good idea to keep drinking while you're awaiting trial for DRUNK DRIVING! All you're doing is making the prosecutor's job REALLY easy.

As panther already explained, you will NOT be judged by a jury of convicted criminals. You will be judged by a jury of LAW ABIDING citizens. Anyone convicted of a crime involving alcohol will be automatically disqualified. Anyone arrested but not convicted for DUI will be weeded out during voir dire. Do yourself a favor and start exercising your right to remain silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">