• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DV arrest - police called CYF and I was basically given option to sign 30 day safety plan for her to go with parents - now 3 weeks later!! PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hsdr2017

visits with my daughter! I went to the prelim and all charges will be dropped in 90 days. CYF caseworker will not return calls, etc.,!!! I want my baby home NOW!
I did D&A assess. and I got lowest recommendation of one 3 hour class. She said I had no problem but she wasn't allowed to say no recommendations so she recommended the least she is allowed to.

I DO have an attorney and he is doing my "criminal" case and my CYF situation. I feel as if he is ignoring me and my parents and I both have asked him to please get my baby back in my FULL custody - no "supervised" visits, etc., ASAP!

*I NEVER received any explanation or was told I would only be allowed to see my daughter while supervised by someone else and that I wouldn't be allowed to bring her home until their safety plan was done!!!! THEY DID NOT EVEN GIVE ME OR MY FIANCE OR MY PARENTS A COPY OF THE SAFETY PLAN OR ANY OTHER PAPERWORK!!!*

The CYF person that was there the night this all happened and inspected my parents home and ran background checks, etc., and made me sign the safety plan was never heard from again. The "assigned" caseworker is a male and he told me he would call after he got my bf to sign in jail and he never called me. I called him that night to be sure he got my boyfriends' approval and he never returned my call. That was 3 WEEKS AGO! I called twice and left voicemails this Tuesday and he STILL has not called me back!

Please help! Can I just notify them in email, or certified mail that whatever "safety plan" was "agreed" to is no longer agreed to and my daughter is legally mine and our family will no longer be dealing with them!?!?!?

I don't feel my attorney is doing enough and he told us to just let him handle it but who knows what that means?! I called yesterday at 1:30 in hopes of having her back today and he STILL has not returned my call. :( The CYF caseworker and my attorney seem to both be letting us down big time! I expected it to an extent from CYF but I hoped my attorney would be way more compassionate and fighting hard to get her back in our loving home ASAP OR at the very WORST I thought he would have explained to me that I am legally not obligated to follow their bullshit safety plan and that they cannot take my baby without a huge amount of work on their part and even then I would expect him to reassure me they would not be taking my baby just because we stopped the safety plan!!!

Someone please help?

quincy

A single thread is all that is necessary on this forum. Your identical threads have been reported. Please use this thread for any additional questions. Thanks.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
10 police visits in 48 months is a LOT, to be honest. Why were they called so often? Who called them (if you know)?

You are free to retain a different attorney, but now that CYF is involved? AND you signed something with them? No - you can't rescind it and take your infant home. Sorry. I can nearly guarantee that the child will be taken from your parents' (and your) care and placed elsewhere. And then your supervised visitation will truly be supervised.

quincy

This thread is one of 5 threads created by this poster. All are the same. All apparently are being responded to despite the fact all but this one was reported for deletion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">