• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dwi probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpme105

What is the name of your state? NY

I GOT PULLED OVER ON MAY 22 I BLEW A .16. GOT 70 HOURS OF Community SERVICE AND ONE YEAR PROBATION. NOW I HEARD THAT YOUR PROBATION OFFICER COMES TO YOUR HOUSE Unannounced AND SEARCHERS YOUR ROOM FOR ANY Alcohol , THEN GIVE U BREATH TEST. I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT WOULD THEY SHOW UP ON A SATURDAY OR SUNDAY Morning OR NIGHT. I WORK FULL TIME AND HAVE NEVER GOT INTO ANY TROUBLE BEFORE, I GUESS MY QUESTION IS WOULD THEY DO THAT AND BUST MY CHOPS.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

They have the right and might to do that, yes. It is, however, not very likely that they will pay you a visit at all. Just make sure you keep your monthly appointments, never be late, be cooperative and get your other penalties done. Your probation officer will be happy and not likely to get over zealous on you.

Happy Trails

helpme105 said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I GOT PULLED OVER ON MAY 22 I BLEW A .16. GOT 70 HOURS OF Community SERVICE AND ONE YEAR PROBATION. NOW I HEARD THAT YOUR PROBATION OFFICER COMES TO YOUR HOUSE Unannounced AND SEARCHERS YOUR ROOM FOR ANY Alcohol , THEN GIVE U BREATH TEST. I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT WOULD THEY SHOW UP ON A SATURDAY OR SUNDAY Morning OR NIGHT. I WORK FULL TIME AND HAVE NEVER GOT INTO ANY TROUBLE BEFORE, I GUESS MY QUESTION IS WOULD THEY DO THAT AND BUST MY CHOPS.
The probation officer can perform random searches. Random means no specific pattern, so that would mean anytime they feel like it.

Being on probation means you have to meet the requirements of your probation. The only way they can bust your chops is if you are violating those terms. So you should abide by those conditions or you will find out what violating your probation means.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

..... And I can attest that if you fulfill all the obligations of your probation, are polite and cooperative and never have to be reminded by your PO of anything, you will most likely find that he or she is very easy going. They have bigger problem "customers" than DUI offenders, so just live up to your obligations and you will find probation to be a cinch.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">