• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

e-mails

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommyto 2

The e-mails are not threats per say, they are more like stories of what I did wrong. For example he would not let me pick up my daughter at the end of his visitation ( a very long story) he then wrote a two page e-mail documenting this event. To say the least, it had many facts in error. He does not ever include the names and threats he verbalizes to me infront of our children (ie evil bi@ch, pathetic, evil mother....). He also adds things that never occur, me banging on his door for a half an hour, not true, I knocked once, my mother was there.

Halls

Well, like I said it is his word against yours, therefore the court is only going to not pay attn to the emails or anything else that is he said, she said. Been there, done that! Heck, the judge in my case even said he nor any other judge is going to sit and listen to the BS of he said she said stuff, if there is no evidance to support any of it! So, quit worrying. It is garbage. Your ex can say whatever he wants. Save the e-mails and don't worry!

mommyto 2

Thanks - I am working on the not worrying thing - but it is hard because I never know where the next attack will be coming from. It is wearing on me.

Yeah I agree with the others just dont respond, and print them out, and file them away for later.

Thanks for asking this question, now I know I can use the email's I have in which my ex responded, and in a nasty manner to everyone of them mind you, to me. I was being civil.

If you dont respond to your ex, well it shows in my opinion what a nut case he is.

workinmom

Another suggestion, when you're going to be at say a science fair or other activity, bring your good old video camera and tape the event and also any obnoxious behavior including rants by the ex.

I did and then when my ex tried to pull his dog and pony show and drag me into court I sent his lawyer a copy of the tapes and poof the case was suddenly dropped by my ex (my attorney was laughing herself silly when she called to tell me). Just gotta love technology when it works in your favor.

Good Luck

mommyto 2

I have not tried the video taping thing but I do keep a tape recorder with me most of the time. Of course the other week when he was verbally assaulting me infront of my daughter, I did not have it. At the science fair I had other people aroun, so I honestly did not think he would pull anything, my stupidity. But at least my friend and family members got to witnesses he unstable behavior. Even, my mother, who has never seen him when he behaves in such a manner stated that his angered look scared her, and now she understands what I mean when I say he looks as if he is going to kill me. Good thing for me looks don't really kill!!! I keep hoping to get him on audio tape, I have to always remember to have it on me and to use it!
I have to say the stress of being in this never ending situation has me very stressed out. My lawyer is calling me today. She is going to write him and his lawyer a letter outlining what his rights are and are not. This will really push him over the top. My lawyer feels that he is now crossing the line of harassment.

ceara19

FrustratedMommy said:
Yeah I agree with the others just dont respond, and print them out, and file them away for later.

Thanks for asking this question, now I know I can use the email's I have in which my ex responded, and in a nasty manner to everyone of them mind you, to me. I was being civil.

If you dont respond to your ex, well it shows in my opinion what a nut case he is.
Like I said earlier, emails are not always admissible. You will need to be able to prove the ex was the one actually sending them. (In the OP's case, it will be very easy to do if he tries to use any of them himself.) I can go to a free email site right now and set up an account using my ex's info and send myself a bunch of hateful theatening emails and claim they are from him in court (One of my ex's gf's tried to do this to me, but since she couldn't even manage to spell my name right, she didn't get very far).

Ljnsy

One thing though..

If you use Outlook / Outlook Express, it is very easy to get the IP address of the computer the email was written on.
Also, even if you use Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN or a lot of others, you can get the IP addresses by calling those services with date and time the email was received and the ID name of the person who sent the email.

ceara19 said:
Like I said earlier, emails are not always admissible. You will need to be able to prove the ex was the one actually sending them. (In the OP's case, it will be very easy to do if he tries to use any of them himself.) I can go to a free email site right now and set up an account using my ex's info and send myself a bunch of hateful theatening emails and claim they are from him in court (One of my ex's gf's tried to do this to me, but since she couldn't even manage to spell my name right, she didn't get very far).

Yeah well I send them from hotmail, bcc to myself, print from hotmail and have a witness that saw him respond to at least one.

That help ;)?

ceara19

FrustratedMommy said:
Yeah well I send them from hotmail, bcc to myself, print from hotmail and have a witness that saw him respond to at least one.

That help ;)?
A judge COULD use this as proof the account is his. It would depend on the witnesses credibilty. The fact that the email account is his is only the first hurdle. You then have to prove he was the one that sent them.

LOL ok that basis is covered as well. He had a profile online with his picture and that email address listed below it.

I printed a copy ;)
So that proves the account is his, and well the witness's crediabilty isnt a question at all. WHEW I got something right perhaps?!?!?!

Thanks again OP for asking this question! *Sorry I sorta hijacked your thread, but I hope some of the idea's I presented, can be of help to you as well*

mommyto 2

Hey whatever helps, it is good to know what other people think and how they handle it. I have an appointment with my attorney today, she has already said to ignore the e-mails. Just save them and forward them to her. We are now deciding if we need to file a motion in court regarding so many issues but one being harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">