• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Earnest Money question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RanchnLady

Bend, Oregon
HOT HOT MARKET

:confused:
We put a $1,000. dollars Earnest Money down on a house in a new subdivision.
We purchased it for an investment ( Rental). Won't be done untill Spring 2006.

The Builder has just re-priced all the other lots that are for sale. So we've basically already made a profit. Can we assign our interest to this sale if we have buyer? We actually have several that want it. If so, how do I do that? I don't want to ask the agent because I don't trust her. I know there will be some tax to pay, I have some carry forwards that will off set some of it.
Thanks,
C L

HomeGuru

RanchnLady said:
Bend, Oregon
HOT HOT MARKET

:confused:
We put a $1,000. dollars Earnest Money down on a house in a new subdivision.
We purchased it for an investment ( Rental). Won't be done untill Spring 2006.

The Builder has just re-priced all the other lots that are for sale. So we've basically already made a profit. Can we assign our interest to this sale if we have buyer? We actually have several that want it. If so, how do I do that? I don't want to ask the agent because I don't trust her. I know there will be some tax to pay, I have some carry forwards that will off set some of it.
Thanks,
C L

**A: have an attorney read your contract,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">