• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation by the Notarial Act in Louisiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arielriley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

This is the Louisiana Emancipation by Notarial act:
Art. 366. Emancipation by notarial act

The minor, although not married, may be emancipated by his father or, upon the death of the father, by his mother or, in the event of divorce or separation from bed and board, by the natural tutor or co-tutors acting jointly, when he shall have arrived at the full age of fifteen years.

This emancipation takes place by the declaration to that effect of the father, the mother, or both, before a notary public in the presence of two witnesses.
-
I have successfully written a statement of emancipation and had it signed by my mother (my father is unavailable) and two witnesses at a notary and had it notarized. Do I still have to pay the $275 to get a court hearing and petition for my emancipation? Do I still have to go to a judge, lawyer, etc? Thank you.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
This needs to go with your first post.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/juvenile-law-90/emancipation-louisiana-please-help-610212.html#post3301711

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">