• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee information illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HERBS

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Massachusetts

I'm an insurance agent. An underwriter for our insurance agency asked for information about an account we insure. I referred the call to our assistant who lives in the complex (it's a condominium). Her exact address was never given. I thought she could help the underwriter answer questions about the buildings.

She complained to me and later the owner that I had violated her privacy and said I had done this before (I really don't remember when). I thought this very innocent.

Have I violated any laws.

Sockeye

No laws were broken, but it's clear she doesn't like her number given out.

When I've been asked for employee's contact info I never give it out but I do pass along any info and contact the employee myself and allow them to make the contact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">