• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer bankrupt. Where's my wages?

  • Thread starter Alphonse Grigas
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Alphonse Grigas

My employer filed bankruptcy. My paycheck bounced. I paid charges to the bank as well as the people I wrote checks to because of this. How do I make a claim for my wages to ex-employer? If its a form, where do I get it?



Ex-HR Guy

Sorry, that's a bummer. Ask your State Labor Department for help and advice. While you may be stuck with filing a claim in the bankruptcy proceeding, in some states the controlling shareholders become personally liable for employees' past wages too. But the bounched charge is something you'll be stuck with, unfortunately. May that be the least of your problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential