• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Breached Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cgaspard100

In August, I signed a 6-month contract to work for a computer consulting firm in Tennessee. The contract specifically stated that the employer would provide family health insurance for me until the end of the contract.

On September 1, my coverage was terminated without my knowledge due to the employer's failure to pay insurance premiums.

Today the employer agreed to pay for an individual insurance policy. However, I am no longer protected by the laws which would have eliminated all pre-existing conditions (HIPAA is the law which protects an insured for 63 days from date of termination against any pre-existing clauses). This will cause very serious financial damages to me and family since all of our medical problems are pre-existing and we will be responsible for those expenses for the duration of a one-year pre-existing clause. Not to mention the fact that I'm not thousands of dollars in debt for expenses incurred between August and now.

What legal recourse do I have?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">