• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gig

My company relocated my department (two months ago) to a different state; those of us asked to move were given a contract, it stated that if the company pays our expenses to move us, then we have to continue to work six months or we will owe the company for the cost of the move, provided there were no extenuating circumstances.
My question is: is this contract still valid if the company has been sold? We were not told before the move that the board of directors had been planning on selling the company. Now we are part of a huge conglomerate and I am not thrilled about it. I've also asked my HR Dept. for a copy of my contract, which they fail to get to me. Please help...I'd like to know if I can walk away from this without oweing any money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">