• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment-who's my employer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

troxeljenny

What is the name of your state? Calif.
Hi! I was forced to quit work because I was attacked by my boss' client & my boss didn't even pay me untill after a month latter. I am sueing
-1) in hopes that the kid who attacked me will get medical help for his mental illness (I am willing to waive charges against him if he does get help)
-2) waiting time pennalties for having it take so long to get paid.
I turned in my application & resume to company #1. They also gave me an interview. Company #1 gave my application & resume to company #2. Before I started working there, company #2 told me I worked for them (company #2). Company #2 put me to work the next day at a house (taking care of that mental kid-19 yrs old). Since it was such a short notice, I didn't fill out any papperwork. After I was already working there & I was attacked, however, company #2 said I was a "vendor", which they claim is different from a contractor. (I had a set schedule. I don't have my own buisness or anything.) They made me fill out papperwork saying I was a vendor. Then they said (in labor board negotiations) that I was refered to them by company #1. On compnay #1's tax returns, however, it shows that they "contract " through company #2. It seems that this deal was more than just a "refferal", am I right? Does it matter? Who did I work for? These are all government agencies (except for the mental kid). (Company #2 said they couldn't pay me because they have to get $ from DDS, a government bureacreacy, that pays them $ to give to people like me.) (Company 1 & 2 are non-profit, yet they are raking in the dough, according to their tax returns.)
Help?
Thanks,
[email protected]

:confused: employment- who's my employer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">