• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Entitled to car rental but I do not rent a car, can I claim money for rent allowance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bali Hai

DH just got his car back yesterday after he got caught in a hail storm. Almost $10k in damage an 5 or 6 weeks to repair. No total, he has a 2012 Nissan Rogue.
My 2011 Rogue had hail damage 9 months after I bought it new. After seeing other cars butchered by the body shop and gypsies they hired from the same occurrence, I decided to live with the dents. I pocketed the insurance money and the car still runs great. :)

ecmst12

That would be against your finance agreement if you have a loan. With the amount of damage here, the insurance would not have issued a check just to him - it would either go to him and the shop, or him and the leinholder.

The shop he used did a great job though, his car looks even better than it did before.

Bali Hai

That would be against your finance agreement if you have a loan. With the amount of damage here, the insurance would not have issued a check just to him - it would either go to him and the shop, or him and the leinholder.

The shop he used did a great job though, his car looks even better than it did before.
No loan here. That might have worked for them 30 years ago. Not this time. Must have looked at my lips and thought he saw a sucker.

Well, I understand everyone is trying to make a living. I will never, ever, finance anything ever again. Been there, done that and it doesn't feel good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">