• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

escrow account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yesox

What is the name of your state? Florida
I was just notified that there was a shortage in my escrow account and that my taxes have gone up considerably. Now my mortgage company is raising my mortgage payments by over $200.00 per month.They say I was not paying enough and now I have to re-pay the amount they had covered,and pay to build a cushion, and the difference of the new estimate of taxes for next year. These payments are well beyond my budget,and I don't know why they did not inform me before now. Am I legally responsible to pay them what they are asking for,or could I offer them what I can offord and say that is the best I can do right now?If anyone could offer some advise on this situation it would be appreciated.
Thanx

abezon

Read your mortgage & see what it says about escrow payments. Your mortgage payment didn't change, but the total due has changed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">