• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I am the landlord and have an tenant in my property for about 2 months now. tenant don't want to pay the rent. she is now 2 months behind. tenant keeps complaining that the heat is not working. I have had severeral heat persons repair the heat yet the tenant still complains. Can the tenant use this as a means of not paying the rent. or I can do an eviction proceeding on the tenant.

FarmerJ

So if you have had repair techs out and they find nothing wrong ask them to send to you a statement that says they did not find a problem or they did find a problem and repaired it then its going to be on your invoice from them, in the time being start your states process to get this tenant out for non pay and if the tenant complains in a court that the heat was broke , offer your records to show it was repaired and then counter that you would like to see a building inspections report that says it is not or you want this tenant to pay up all rent owed including your court cost all at once today , NO partials either or to get out. Next time make sure you get first and last months rent and deposit all at once and in cash or cashier check drawn from the bank YOU use before a tenant moves in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">