• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex claimed bankrupt on my house???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dar756

What is the name of your state? illinois
i went to refinance my house as the borrow my ex co borrow i think claimed bankrupt.
when the new mortgage company went to get pay off on my house they told them i filed bankrupt on the house???? which i never did and was never late on the 12 year mortgage. can my ex claim bankrupt on my house and them not notify me and take it from me since both our names are on it? when i called the current bank that my mortgage is through i cant get no answers im getting the run around to call all these people who never return my call. can some one give me some insite can they take my house if i have been paying on it and never filled bankrupt. or is this a screw up somewhere the divorce papers say he quit claimed to all estates and the house . also i have a quit claim deed that he signed on the house.

HomeGuru

dar756 said:
What is the name of your state? illinois
i went to refinance my house as the borrow my ex co borrow i think claimed bankrupt.
when the new mortgage company went to get pay off on my house they told them i filed bankrupt on the house???? which i never did and was never late on the 12 year mortgage. can my ex claim bankrupt on my house and them not notify me and take it from me since both our names are on it? when i called the current bank that my mortgage is through i cant get no answers im getting the run around to call all these people who never return my call. can some one give me some insite can they take my house if i have been paying on it and never filled bankrupt. or is this a screw up somewhere the divorce papers say he quit claimed to all estates and the house . also i have a quit claim deed that he signed on the house.
**A: go and see a real estate attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">