• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex gf sending slanderous mail to my parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharky

What is the name of your state? CA

A girl I was seeing is threatening me and didn't know if legally I could do anything about it. Unless we get together and talk she is threatening to send a nasty letter to my parents in NJ telling them who knows what. She said she had to get an abortion because of me and is sending information about that to my parents as well. I have no proof of this and think this abortion story is completely fabricated. I'm a 34 yr old male and would prefer not to have a deranged ex gf sending things to my 60 yr old parents. What can I do?

snostar

sharky said:
i'm sorry but is there anyway I can do something if she sends letters to my parents?
Basically all you can do is warn your parents they may be receiving something from a spiteful ex of yours, you have no legal recourse at this time.

sharky

how can she send information to my parents about an abortion when there is no proof that she had one. Secondly there's no proof if she did have one that I'm the father. It's legal to mail information about an abortion without proof of who is the actual father?

sharky said:
how can she send information to my parents about an abortion when there is no proof that she had one. Secondly there's no proof if she did have one that I'm the father. It's legal to mail information about an abortion without proof of who is the actual father?
Once again, No, there is nothing you can do besides explain to your mother about your poor judgement when it came to having relations/relationship with this girl.

You sound pretty desperate about this communication between the girl and your mother.

Just out of curiosity..How old was the girl?

sharky said:
This girl is 32 yrs old and not very stable.
Then have the discussion about the woman (and possible correspondence) with your Mom and stop overreacting. Call her bluff and see what happens.

Never let them see you sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">