• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Girlfriend On Title AND Living In House Won't Leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SurfWench

Can't kick down your own door.....

HomeGuru said:
Why hasn't he kicked the down down and gotten his stuff?
Hard to believe, but the guy who paid for the house has no right to enter that house without her permission. By simply moving in she becomes a tenant. He did not change his permanent legal address to that house, so lost the ability to enter except by a protracted court order. She made up a story about his GIVING her all his worldly goods, so now even his bathrobe is in dispute. She has even been giving away certain of his property to her family members as "presents" so who knows what will be left when he finally does get this resolved in court. He can't stop her from giving away his stuff because no one in her family will testify against her, so there is no proof. She must have been planning this because she had an attorney before any of this started. Court date is May 6, and I will post to let everyone know what happens.

SurfWench

why the personal tone?

rmet4nzkx said:
That post was addressed to naesatt NOT you.

You friend got just what he wanted.
you don't know me from adam, all this is pretty academic to everyone here, and I am SORRY for posting on my thread.....

besides that, my friend didn't get what he wanted; he wanted to marry and settle down with the woman he fell in love with...he bought something bright and shiney thinking it was a Rolex, but when he got home the gold started flaking off....

I started this thread originally looking for some outside corroboration of what I was hearing from him regarding titles, tenantcy (sp?), partition, etc...nothing more, I don't have a horse in this race....just an onlooker.

naesatt

SurfWench said:
Hard to believe, but the guy who paid for the house has no right to enter that house without her permission. By simply moving in she becomes a tenant. He did not change his permanent legal address to that house, so lost the ability to enter except by a protracted court order. She made up a story about his GIVING her all his worldly goods, so now even his bathrobe is in dispute. She has even been giving away certain of his property to her family members as "presents" so who knows what will be left when he finally does get this resolved in court. He can't stop her from giving away his stuff because no one in her family will testify against her, so there is no proof. She must have been planning this because she had an attorney before any of this started. Court date is May 6, and I will post to let everyone know what happens.
How can she be a tenant if she is on the deed? My ex-F tried the whole "tenant eviction" thing with me until he found out you can't evict a person on deed with you! BWAHAHA :p Perhaps it be different in Florida? :confused: And I'm believin' he moved all his crap in without living there? Didn't he have personal items in the house up until she declared the relationship over, you know razor, deodorant, preparation-H? He had tax, mortgage, and escrow stuff sent to the new address in his name didn't he?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">