• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Husband has told his Lawyer Not to Communicate with Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

My ex's attorney was just as obstructionist as your ex's attorney appears to be. It's very frustrating.

I battled that by repeatedly making voluminous filings with the court every time my ex's attorney ignored me.
It is not the attorney's job to make the ex behave. You handle a misbehaving ex through the court, as you did and as yola should.

latigo

I only email my exs attorney when his spousal support is due and just wait to see if my ex sends his pmt ito me
Why the dickens are you in here seeking legal advice if you are not willing to at least listen and acknowledge? Particularly where you have received the same advice as that given to you by the court!

And try to get it through your thick head that the responsibility of you husband's attorney is limited to seeing that any court orders directed his client are conveyed to his client. In other words giving him timely notice of those orders.

IT IS NOT THE LAWYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO SEE THAT HIS CLIENT CARRIES OUT ANY SUCH ORDERS! COMPRENDER?!

So stop nagging his lawyer; he doesn't owe you a red cent; cease with the bellyaching and exercise your legal remedies. If you don't understand the procedures to enforce the current court orders by means of an OSC, then hire you own lawyer.

quincy

Why the dickens are you in here seeking legal advice if you are not willing to at least listen and acknowledge? Particularly where you have received the same advice as that given to you by the court!

And try to get it through your thick head that the responsibility of you husband's attorney is limited to seeing that any court orders directed his client are conveyed to his client. In other words giving him timely notice of those orders.

IT IS NOT THE LAWYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO SEE THAT HIS CLIENT CARRIES OUT ANY SUCH ORDERS! COMPRENDER?!

So stop nagging his lawyer; he doesn't owe you a red cent; cease with the bellyaching and exercise your legal remedies. If you don't understand the procedures to enforce the current court orders by means of an OSC, then hire you own lawyer.
Perhaps a little harsher than my responses but I agree with all you wrote, latigo. :)

I think yola's posts illustrate one of a few reasons why attorneys prefer when the opposing party has an attorney working for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">