• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Parte for holiday visitation denial/clarification?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already split one time period in half and each year they alternate who actually gets "Christmas" (Christmas Eve through noon Christmas Day) . Mom is playing dumb about what "opposite party" means when clearly the intent is the one party gets child each Christmas for the bulk of the Eve/Day and the rest of the break time is evenly split between them. I wish she would come on here and post! Beyotch!
i know they are supposed to "split" the time after xmas, but that would still require them to work out the dates... with one set date, there is no room for interpretation, and no need to worry about the dates school releasing changing from year to year... i also like the 27th as the switch date as it allows everyone to go out of town if needed to celebrate with thier families and have extra time to get back for the switch rather than switching on xmas day...

PSD - i'm glad you are going to get some time with little miss this year!

LdiJ

…actually read the order? And agreed that the order says we split the holiday? Of course, The Ex:rolleyes: is still claiming that the “verbage” is not what the Master actually ordered, and is still clinging to the erroneous belief that I “gave” her the time she had last winter break.

Right...

I’ll be having LMPS for our part of the break, and that’s all I wanted in the first place.:D:D:D

I’ve never said I was perfect. I also don’t think you’re the “antichrist”. I do think that the majority of your posts are waaaaaayyyyyy biased towards Moms, and sometimes call you on it.

If me standing up and fighting for my court ordered time is how you think I “contribute to the "drama"”, we shall have to agree to disagree regarding that. If The Ex:rolleyes: had simply read the order beforehand, none of this "drama" would have been necessary or occurred.

I’ll still be filing for clarification(after the new year), because we need it, and even The Ex:rolleyes: agrees with that.

Oh yeah, sticks on a rope are coooool.
Fighting for your rights is not "contributing to the drama". Calling the gymnastics program and asking questions about LMPS's little sister is contributing to the drama...for example.

As far as "bias" is concerned...I tend to look at each case individually...more so than a lot of others here. I have also observed every possible rotten thing that parents can do to each other over the last 15 years or so of participating on these forums.

Also, its reality that unwed dads are at a disadvantage to start off. That is a disadvantage that is never going to go away...at least as long as babies continue to be made the old fashioned way.;)

Zephyr

filing for a clarification...if you both agree it's necessary, what are the chances of a stipulated agreement? save time, money, stress for all involved

ProSeDadinMD

PSD - i'm glad you are going to get some time with little miss this year!
Thanks for that. So am I:D.
Fighting for your rights is not "contributing to the drama". Calling the gymnastics program and asking questions about LMPS's little sister is contributing to the drama...for example.
If I hadn't already known she was lying, or conversely, if she hadn't lied, again, that wouldn't have been necessary.
filing for a clarification...if you both agree it's necessary, what are the chances of a stipulated agreement? save time, money, stress for all involved
I'm going to offer it, but I doubt The Ex:rolleyes: will agree to that.

LdiJ

Thanks for that. So am I:D.

If I hadn't already known she was lying, or conversely, if she hadn't lied, again, that wouldn't have been necessary.

I'm going to offer it, but I doubt The Ex:rolleyes: will agree to that.
Its not necessary to prove every lie that an ex spouse makes. Sometimes you just need to accept that someone is not going to be truthful, and move on.

profmum

… If The Ex:rolleyes: had simply read the order beforehand, none of this "drama" would have been necessary or occurred.

And if you had waited a bit for the ex to read the order or encourage her strongly too, or email it verbatim to her, this long, unweidly post with threats of federal charges against your ex would not have been necessary. The only persony you hurt is yourself with all the huffing and puffing and running down the road of imaginary horribles with thoughts of ex parte motions, emergency motions, federal charges and god knows what else you would have come back with between now and Monday. And of course the time of those posters (that you respect of course!) who cared to respond to all this "drama" that you created.

Your ex will never be easy to deal with, she might have even done this deliberately to push your buttons and she succeeded. Unless she is habitual violater of COs and has been found in contempt, she will do just enough to get you upset and not anymore. You can choose to fall for her baits, like you did this time, or take a more mature approach to it.

You have every right to fight for your rights as a parent, but running to court at the drop of a hat, will not get you very far.

Now I hope you can really try to come to an agreement with Mum about the clarificiation, which will mean compromise, and not having it your own way. For the sake of the child, I hope you can take the right approach here.

TinkerBelleLuvr

prose - consider it reminder about WHY they are your X ...

I also have an X that raises my blood pressure just from seeing an email in my queue, or seeing his name on my caller ID. The key is deep breath and keep the conversations (verbal and written) short and sweet, with a bit of exact court order spelled out.

ProSeDadinMD

… If The Ex:rolleyes: had simply read the order beforehand, none of this "drama" would have been necessary or occurred.

And if you had waited a bit for the ex to read the order or encourage her strongly too, or email it verbatim to her, this long, unweidly post with threats of federal charges against your ex would not have been necessary. The only persony you hurt is yourself with all the huffing and puffing and running down the road of imaginary horribles with thoughts of ex parte motions, emergency motions, federal charges and god knows what else you would have come back with between now and Monday. And of course the time of those posters (that you respect of course!) who cared to respond to all this "drama" that you created.

Your ex will never be easy to deal with, she might have even done this deliberately to push your buttons and she succeeded. Unless she is habitual violater of COs and has been found in contempt, she will do just enough to get you upset and not anymore. You can choose to fall for her baits, like you did this time, or take a more mature approach to it.

You have every right to fight for your rights as a parent, but running to court at the drop of a hat, will not get you very far.

Now I hope you can really try to come to an agreement with Mum about the clarificiation, which will mean compromise, and not having it your own way. For the sake of the child, I hope you can take the right approach here.
Where exactly did I threaten "federal charges"? I must have missed that.

I realize that you believe me to be an idiot:rolleyes:, but the little things like " encourage her strongly too, or email it verbatim to her," were done, long before I posted this thread.

And we've been "to court" 1 time since 2001, so I don't know how much more of a "wait and see" stance I can take.
prose - consider it reminder about WHY they are your X ...

I also have an X that raises my blood pressure just from seeing an email in my queue, or seeing his name on my caller ID. The key is deep breath and keep the conversations (verbal and written) short and sweet, with a bit of exact court order spelled out.
Ginny, I generally at least try do all of the above. Then I get the "I haven't read the order but I'm gonna tell you what it says" emails:rolleyes:...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">