• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex saying not letting one child come up for my weekend/not talking to me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

strongbus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

Ok 1st thing I just found out that my ex is saying that my daughter is not going to come up for my court-ordered weekend cause she was misbehaving. I have left a message for her to call me to find out why she thinks she can do this. I know i can't force her to bring up my daughter when she meets with me to drop off my son. But what steps do I need to take to make sure I have the right stuff in case this leads to court?

2nd. even though i have told my ex plenty of times. She will barley ever call me to talk bout stuff bout the kids. She would rather talk to my mother. Even my mother has told her to talk to me directly but she will not. How do I handle this?

ecmst12

She actually DOES need to make both children go on visitation. If she does not, she will be in contempt and you can take her to court.

strongbus

Yes I know she dose need to send both kids up. What I need to know is what is the best way for me record/have the proof if she dose not bring both up, or brings both but only lets one kid get out of the car.(we live bout 2 hours form each other so we drive 1 hour each way to meet in the middle.) I mean do I call the local cops(I know they can't force her to do anything) to get a police report or is there another way that will work in court to prove it?

BL

Yes I know she dose need to send both kids up. What I need to know is what is the best way for me record/have the proof if she dose not bring both up, or brings both but only lets one kid get out of the car.(we live bout 2 hours form each other so we drive 1 hour each way to meet in the middle.) I mean do I call the local cops(I know they can't force her to do anything) to get a police report or is there another way that will work in court to prove it?
You can call the police from where you are and wait for them to fill out a report .

Seems like the best way .

Have your court order with you. .

As far as communications ,have your mother tell her she refuses to discuss matters the parents should be discussing.

First however I'd avise her she will be in contempt of a court order, if she denies your visitations,when you meet.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Tell her you want both kids in your call ASAP. If that does not happen, then tomorrow -- or the next court day -- you file contempt of court.

strongbus

thanks for the info all. Just got off the phone with my ex. Seems my daughter is wetting herself instead of going to the bathroom. She have tried everything she can think of to get her to stop(including going to the doctor to make sure its not a medical thing). She know how much my kids love coming up to see daddy every other weekend. So she thinks that by not letting my daughter up she teach my daughter a lesson. Whats funny is my daughter don't this when up with me(or at lest that I have found when cleaning the dirty cloth). She see the fact that I do get more time then what the court order states that she can do this. She told me go ahead and file for contempt she explain to the judge why she did it and she think the judge will agree with her. That and she tell the judge I don't help with anything. Just for the reason that what I pay in cs is just enough for her to pay for gas to bring the kids up to the meeting spot. Meaning that she nothing left over to get them school stuff and etc. I do help when I can but I live paycheck to paycheck.

But again thanks for the info all. Now I just have to figure out what to do form here.

ecmst12

She will not be allowed to withhold visits with you as punishment to the child! The judge will NOT be amused if she's dumb enough to actually say that in court.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
what I pay in cs is just enough for her to pay for gas to bring the kids up to the meeting spot. Meaning that she nothing left over to get them school stuff and etc. I do help when I can but I live paycheck to paycheck.
DO you pay the court-ordered amount? How is it only enough topay for 4 hours worth of gas? Not that it is a reason to deny you visitation, but I'm wondering if your order is so low, or are you in arrears?

strongbus

na stealth2 I pay the court order amount which comes out to 134.00 ever 2 weeks(i get payed on a 2 week pay period). Even with the highway its a 100ish mile round trip for the both of us each way. She mad cause it cost her bout that in gas to get the for the 2 round trips each time and her car only gets bout 15 mpg(her words to me). which makes no sense to me cause that works out to be bout 47.00 in gas for both the trips.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">