• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex spouse still playing games with the system

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aparent2

What is the name of your state? California

On the site last fall I gave information about my situation. Custody fight with court appointed mediator and minor counsel and forensic evaluation. after all that ex spouse asked to include new expert he hired to argue with the court appointed evaluator. then we went to custody trial lasting 4 days. we still have to wait for another day for closing arguments.
the expert my ex spouse hired for 10,000 said the opposite things that the court appointed expert said. still minor counsel, mediator, child therapist and court appointed expert have found me to keep custody. we are waiting for the judges final ruling sometime in the next month. now my ex spouse says he will file appeal.
Scenario; can not afford attorney if this goes to appeal. I am owing 20,000 to my attorney now and am single parent to 2 children with what is considered low income in California.
Question;does anyone know how long appeal takes, costs or lasts??? If I can not keep attorney, can I lose in appeal because ex spouse has more resources???
I am tired of fighting all the time. It is causing more problems for my children than they ever had before and making everyone stressed and sad. ( :( )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">