• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex to be is in the military

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zero n 3

I have limited information regarding divorcing someone in the military. Since we co-own property in Ca, I will probably be living there. I live overseas currently. My question is, since he removed my name from our bank account and I now have no money, what should I do? I have to ask him to buy everything and it is totally degrading. I will be returning to the states, but until they do that, am I required to beg for money since we live on a military base? I was told that he is required by some order to give me money, but I dont know if I can do that since he will not move out of our base housing and to the barracks. I have only base legal to talk to and they arent much help. The (Military) Chaplain even tried to convince me to sign a document called a separation agreement and I need help. Oh, we have been married 15+ years now.
Thank you

A

Always searching

Helloooooooooooooooo!

Ok, I haven't posted much lately but Jeeze Louise, I am going to post tonight.

You have been married how many years? 15 you said. What have you been doing for 15 years;burying your head in the sand? I will give you the benefit of the doubt and figure that if you got married at 15, that would make you 30. At thirty, you have to have some awareness of what the world is like. You said you have to ask you husband to buy everything? Pleassssssssse. If you really want to divorce your husband, fly back to the states, live with relatives or get a JOB and pay a family law attorney to get a divorce and get on with your life. I was 24 with 2 children when my first husband left me for an Okinawa ho ho ho. I had more figured out then than you do and I didn't have a computer, just a strong desire to make a better life for myself and my children.

Don't go to the chaplin. They want everyone to stay together. I politely had to excuse myself (I was told the same thing) and basically told him to take a flying f at the moon.

You said you want to get him out of base housing? Without him, you don't have housing honey. You can't make him go anywhere to the barracks or anywhere.

Positive things you can do. Go to the American Red Cross and perhaps they will purchase a ticket home. Forget about your stuff. Stuff is replaceable. Mail the stuff you can't live without to your family in the states or a friend or something. Lots of my grandmother's furniture, and many treasures is what I had to leave behind. I was not afraid, I just pretended I had a fire. Go do something positive in your life. Life is too short to live with someone you have to ask permission for anything. Good luck and think positive thoughts and follow a plan. It works and I can tell you, been there, been done to and survived.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">