• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wife has no parental rights using kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

OP's money is being taken. You don't think for one second that reviewing OP's tax account transcripts for all years open for the collections statute is worth a look?
The money that is being taken is the money that the ncp is paying into the child support system...money that should be going to him, but isn't going to him because the IRS is taking it. The IRS has already admitted to him that it has nothing to do with HIS tax returns...it has to do with HER tax returns. What could any of his transcripts possibly tell him about the situation? If any information appeared on his transcripts then the IRS wouldn't have refused to give him any information on the basis that it had nothing to do with his taxes.

I pull transcripts ALL the time to help figure out issues with the IRS. However, this time the IRS has made it clear that the issues have nothing to do with HIS taxes. Therefore I cannot see any value in pulling transcripts.

davew128

I pull transcripts ALL the time to help figure out issues with the IRS. However, this time the IRS has made it clear that the issues have nothing to do with HIS taxes. Therefore I cannot see any value in pulling transcripts.
Which is why you can't see what the answer is. When you don't know what the answer is based on what you know, you look to what you DON'T know. Narrow down what you don't know by reviewing the OPs transcripts. I suspect you'll find something there in a joint tax return, but hey what do I know? I only do this for a living. :rolleyes:

LdiJ

Which is why you can't see what the answer is. When you don't know what the answer is based on what you know, you look to what you DON'T know. Narrow down what you don't know by reviewing the OPs transcripts. I suspect you'll find something there in a joint tax return, but hey what do I know? I only do this for a living. :rolleyes:
As do I Dave, for over 30 years now. If the IRS hadn't already told him that it had nothing to do with his taxes and therefore they could not disclose anything, I would agree with you.

45Frank

We were divorced in 2001 this happened in I think 2007 or eight.
The woman's exact quote from the IRS was "It's her liability so we can't give you any information" They have never denied it was for my ex's taxes, they admit it.
About 6 years ago when this first happened I did get thru on the phone, something you can't do today. I was told "we know where you are." I then explained we weren't married for years and all that jazz but it didn't matter to her.
Anyway I have sent another certified letter to CS and asked for a weekly breakdown from day one until it stopped. Maybe I will be able o see something but I am guessing it will just show disbursements and amounts.

LdiJ

We were divorced in 2001 this happened in I think 2007 or eight.
The woman's exact quote from the IRS was "It's her liability so we can't give you any information" They have never denied it was for my ex's taxes, they admit it.
About 6 years ago when this first happened I did get thru on the phone, something you can't do today. I was told "we know where you are." I then explained we weren't married for years and all that jazz but it didn't matter to her.
Anyway I have sent another certified letter to CS and asked for a weekly breakdown from day one until it stopped. Maybe I will be able o see something but I am guessing it will just show disbursements and amounts.
If you were divorced in 2001 then any joint return would be way past the statute of limitations anyway...things can toll the statute of limitations but the odds of you first finding out about a pre-2001 tax debt in 2007 or 2008 is slim to none.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">