• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exculpatory Provision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pigpen

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

"Landlord shall not be liable or responsible in any manner to LESSEE, or to any person having interest in any property located on the premises or the complex of which the premises are a part, for personal injury, property damage, property loss or any other type of loss or damage giving rise to any other fault, except willfull misconduct, and which arises, in whole or in part, from any condition, accident or occurrences relating to the premises or the complex of which the premises are a part, including any defective or other condition in buildings or facilities; conditions relating to plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and other equipment, appliances, facilities or machinery..."

i dont understand this...does this mean the landlord wont have to fix anything?

R

rikers

pigpen said:

"Landlord shall not be liable or responsible in any manner to LESSEE, or to any person having interest in any property located on the premises or the complex of which the premises are a part, for personal injury, property damage, property loss or any other type of loss or damage giving rise to any other fault, except willfull misconduct, and which arises, in whole or in part, from any condition, accident or occurrences relating to the premises or the complex of which the premises are a part, including any defective or other condition in buildings or facilities; conditions relating to plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and other equipment, appliances, facilities or machinery..."

No they still have to make repairs,
but they are not responsable for any damages you suffer unless the loss is caused by thier willfull misconduct.

HomeGuru

Re: Re: Exculpatory Provision

rikers said:
No they still have to make repairs,
but they are not responsable for any damages you suffer unless the loss is caused by thier willfull misconduct.

HomeGuru

pigpen said:

**A: I believe such a clause may be unenforeceable but I would not advise a client to sign a lease with this clause in it anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">