• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

executor didn't notify me of ownership of real property during probate. What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hi I am writing because I recently found out that the newest deed to a deceased woman's property was never filed at the county clerks office. The executor found the deed it had not been completely burned up in the fire that ended her life. But she was not able to file it before she was murdered. How can I go about making her give me the title that has my name on it. And has the recorded legal owners name on it instead. She didn't want me to have it because I han't paid a penny into the real property. So she feels like she counld just withold the newest deed. AS far as I knew it got burned up in the fire that killed her. Oregon.

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Tell us the state and what's going on. Who owned the real estate? What does it have to with the estate? And why is the failure of the executor to tell you about it an issue for you?

The woman is my employer. She was murdered by way of arson. Before she was killed. She had ordered another deed because she wanted her grandson in law taken off. So he has signed off on the deed. Then she had me sign onto the deed becoming the new owner. She signed it as well. Now the deed was never recorded at the county office before someone set her home on fire. Two days later she dies In the hospital. Her daughter was executor to the estate. I requested my pay from her but she refused to pay me for the month of June and half of July 2019.so I just kind of let it go since she refused me payment. I was a nanny for this woman's tw0 great grandchildren they are two n three yr old boys, both special needs. I was there for all three of them for seven months everyday. The boys were burned in the fire too. But they lived. Still in the hospital. I assumed the deed to the trailer that was part of her personal property that she bought for her grand daughter the boys mom. She is on social security and can't own anything over 2000. So this is why her boyfriend was first on there. Then they got kicked out of RV park for not following the rules. The woman put it in my name. Because she wanted to make sure I got what I deserved for watching her family.

The woman is my employer. She was murdered by way of arson. Before she was killed. She had ordered another deed because she wanted her grandson in law taken off. So he has signed off on the deed. Then she had me sign onto the deed becoming the new owner. She signed it as well. Now the deed was never recorded at the county office before someone set her home on fire. Two days later she dies In the hospital. Her daughter was executor to the estate. I requested my pay from her but she refused to pay me for the month of June and half of July 2019.so I just kind of let it go since she refused me payment. I was a nanny for this woman's tw0 great grandchildren they are two n three yr old boys, both special needs. I was there for all three of them for seven months everyday. The boys were burned in the fire too. But they lived. Still in the hospital. I assumed the deed to the trailer that was part of her personal property that she bought for her grand daughter the boys mom. She is on social security and can't own anything over 2000. So this is why her boyfriend was first on there. Then they got kicked out of RV park for not following the rules. The woman put it in my name. Because she wanted to make sure I got what I deserved for watching her family.
State of Oregon

was a nanny for this woman's tw0 great grandchildren they are two n three yr old boys, the kids both special needs. I was there for all three of them for seven months everyday. The boys were burned in the fire too. But they lived. Still in the hospital. I assumed the deed to the trailer that was part of her personal property that she bought for her grand daughter the boys mom. She is on social security and can't own anything over 2000. So this is why her boyfriend was first on there. Then they got kicked out of RV park for not following the rules. The woman put it in my name. Because she wanted to make sure I got what I deserved for watching her family.
I assumed the deed was burned up. But in passing, another family member told me how the deed was found and still legible. The executor never disbursed the deed to me. Now it's In jeopardy of the park owner taking possesion of the trailer for abandoned property. I have until Friday to get the deed but the executor won't give it to me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
She can't unilaterally remove her grandson from the deed.
I don't believe that the deed is valid in the first place.
If you really want to pursue this, you're going to need an attorney, plain and simple. Even then, you probably won't have any claim to the trailer.

I was saying you could read it still. And the county clerk's office said if her signature is notorized on the first page then it's just a deed that needs to be filed. And I need to get my hands on it somehow. Is there any law that states she must give me the deed?

She can't unilaterally remove her grandson from the deed.
I don't believe that the deed is valid in the first place.
If you really want to pursue this, you're going to need an attorney, plain and simple. Even then, you probably won't have any claim to the trailer.
What makes u say these things?

She didn't. He willingly agreed to do it. And it's his signature releasing all interest in the property. She bought the trailer herself. He was just a co owner for the purpose of an owner must reside at the property.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
She didn't. He willingly agreed to do it. And it's his signature releasing all interest in the property. She bought the trailer herself. He was just a co owner for the purpose of an owner must reside at the property.
I thought it was in his name so that the Social Security limits could be skirted...

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I assumed the deed was burned up. But in passing, another family member told me how the deed was found and still legible. The executor never disbursed the deed to me. Now it's In jeopardy of the park owner taking possesion of the trailer for abandoned property. I have until Friday to get the deed but the executor won't give it to me.
You still have not told us the state, and that matters because state laws vary from one state to another.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">