• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exempt employees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kingkong

I am an exempt employee (a manager) at a nationwide mortgage company. I have been told that I and my staff must work a minimum of 10 - 12 hours per day plus weekends. Today I was told that I have to work 6 AM to 10 PM.

The company has also started monitoring when exempt employees arrive at work. We use a pass card to get into the building and if you are one minute late (according to the clock in the computer system that monitors entry into the building), two minutes or ten minutes late, you are written up and it counts as an occurance in your personnel record. Is this legal?

What recourse do I have and am I entitled to over-time or comp time? My department's work is current and there is no need for these extra hours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">