• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I have a friend who was arrested for criminal mischief. The charges were dismissed. His Lawyer requested $1000.00 to get this expunged from his record. My question is, is this not something one can do on their own? Especially considering the charges were dropped? This occured in Dallas TX. If this can be done on your own, what all would it entail? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential