• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extended Stay America Massive overcharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Thank you for providing the names of your city and state.

The “no smoking” policy is generally detailed in the paperwork you sign on registering, including the fee for violating the rule. There should also be no smoking signs at the desk and in the room.

Why do you think the front desk clerk reacted that way?
the only thing I signed was the Credit Card Machine.she only said 180 or 2 days or 240 for 3.the Room had an astray in the window sill.No Signs in Room or out BY Room door for sure.But Im blind and dont smoke .room had a tobacco smell on entry. The Relations People said She did not have any evidence but knows we did. do they get a commission on sales?

quincy

the only thing I signed was the Credit Card Machine.she only said 180 or 2 days or 240 for 3.the Room had an astray in the window sill.No Signs in Room or out BY Room door for sure.But Im blind and dont smoke .room had a tobacco smell on entry. The Relations People said She did not have any evidence but knows we did. do they get a commission on sales?
What was the total you were charged?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How many days did you say?
What does your paperwork say the charges are for, specifically?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You got some papers...either upon check-in or check-out. Did you have somebody with you when you checked in? How do you know what signage was present?

quincy

no Papers at all.Relations told me $ 35 day for wifi $ 1 per Call to Local Numbers.the Front desk 10 Times and my Moms house 2 miles away
So you believe you were overcharged by $340, $250 of which was for smoking in violation of a no smoking policy and $90 for making local calls and for WiFi.

Did your wife and children stay with you? Did they smoke in the room? Did they make long distance calls, perhaps to family members in Anchorage?

FlyingRon

You have to assume you can't smoke in any hotel these days. Do you know how long it takes to reclaim a room that someone has smoked is before it can be rented again? I've been on the receiving end of some of those contaminated rooms.

PayrollHRGuy

The $50 smoking is a fine that can be levied by the state for violating the state law on smoking in no-smoking hotel rooms. A $250 cleaning fee charged by the hotel is not unusual.

quincy

A quick look through the reviews on this particular hotel in Fairbanks is educational. The cleaning of the rooms does not appear to be anywhere close to a priority ... so it is possible that the one who previously stayed in the room was a smoker.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">