• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extortion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

panzertanker

Carl...

CdwJava said:
Here are your choices as I see it -

(1) Call the police and report the extortion
(2) Pay the person off
(3) Ignore him.

There is a LOT missing to the story. If you paid someone off once before because the photo could be true, then obviously you are involved in some seriously bad stuff. My guess is that the photo contains you and a child in a compromising position - hence your reluctance to call the cops.

- Carl
I like my answer better, don't you?
panzertanker said:
1. getting blackmailed for having intimate contact with a minor:
about 5K
2. paying PREVIOUS blackmailer for same thing:
about 5K
3. changing your phone #:
about 25 bucks
4. moving to avoid MORE blackmail:
about 3K
5. showing your ignorance (and affinity to those underage minors) to the entire web:
priceless!

BWAHAHAAAA!!!!!

nanaII

If this person calls you back again, I would tell them that you are tape-recording the conversation, and that if they call you back again, you are going to the police and filing charges of extortion. I doubt they will call back again. I assume your phone has caller ID, so you have the phone number of the person who is calling that the police can investigate, if needed. If they do call back again, I would then call the police.

panzertanker

nanaII said:
If this person calls you back again, I would tell them that you are tape-recording the conversation, and that if they call you back again, you are going to the police and filing charges of extortion. I doubt they will call back again. I assume your phone has caller ID, so you have the phone number of the person who is calling that the police can investigate, if needed. If they do call back again, I would then call the police.
Have you read OP's post?
He states that he has ALREADY paid off for the same thing one time in the past, and does not deny that this may have happened again b/c of hanging out with the wrong crowd, et., etc. etc.

Dude has no reason to doubt that it is true so if he goes to police and the person has the proof....

Quite a "pickle" ya got yourself into, eh needhelpnow916???
BTW, one would not normally expect an adult to be well versed and comfortable in showering with a bunch of other dudes who want to "get that booty"!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">