• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extraordinary medical expenses and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wanda819

My husband is paying child support for his three children from a previous marriage. His ex sent us over $12,000 in 'extraordinary medical expenses' incurred over the last two years by their children. She mailed these in one massive packet and in extreme disorder. Most indicated they had insurance payments still pending and all were at least 60 days old. My question is whether the cost for us to pay these bills can be interpreted as 'necessary for life or health' expenses and the amount deducted from his gross income prior to child support calculation. We had been scraping along before these expenses, but with the monthly payments we make on the medical bills, I applied for and am now receiving food stamps. Our attorney had apparently never heard of the Illinois statute I am referring to and so we sent her a copy from the Illinois compiled archives. We can not afford to call her and be billed for yet another question that I had hoped she would have answered already. I won't waste my time or money if I can get some sort of response here. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">