• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false arrest? false imprisonment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cessa19

not everyone who enters that building has university business to conduct and you can use ur argument all u want but the matter of it is that i was in the building to conduct an experiment for a uab science fair... i was not unlawfully in the business and if ya wanna get technical about it then uab is not enclosed by a fence or any other device to prevent intruders...

ellencee

cessa19
When you began this thread, you had the respect of most of the adults on this site and these adults tried to get you to understand that you were indeed in the wrong.
Now, you have regressed into pure childishness and absolutely refuse to accept responsiblity for your actions. If you keep this up young lady, you will find yourself in far worse trouble in the future. It's time to put the young adult side of being 15 into action, and act like an adult. You were in the wrong. You don't have the right to do whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it. Realizing this and making the necessary changes within one's self is part of growing up.
Time to get started.

C

cessa19

im sry but im not gunna say im in the wrong when i dont believe i am. thats not tha type of person i am. i believe that i was not in the building unlawfully and i believe that the police handled the matter in an inappropriate way. they should have asked me what i was doing before they simply arrested me... i thought that in this country you are presumed innocent until proven guilty and thats not what happened in my case. yes, they did have the right to question me but the questioning should have come before they told me i was under arrest. and, also, according to alabama law i was not criminally trespassing onto the building...

calatty

The writer could reasonably argue that s/he was not there unlawfully and that the premises were not enclosed so as to exclude intruders, but if s/he was not arrested, the point is academic anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">