• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely arrested and not convicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My boyfriend was falsely arrested of armed robbery. He spent a considerable amount of time (6 months) in the county jail while the DA kept offering him plea bargins. He was not going to accept any pleas being that he was completely innocent of the crime and really in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just because I think it is significant I will mention that he is a black man. The perpetrator was black and Vin was the only other person on the street and black. (This was close to two years ago and is only now presenting a problem) Now the biggest problem: he is a stockbroker and therefore registered with the NASD. When going to a new firm, you are required to fill out what is called a U4 in which one of the questions asks if you have ever been charged with a felony. He obviously has to answer yes to that question. Although the NASD is not concerned prospective employers are. How can we address getting this taken of his record? We have been told that it is not possible. Is that correct information? As you can imagine, this puts a huge damper and makes getting a job really difficult. We recently moved to another area in California and he was hired by a firm whom let him go as soon as they saw the information. He provided a documentation of the court papers which say that it was dismissed but the owner felt like he should have had this information upfront. Vin's position is that he is not guilty of anything and had the appropriate documentation showing that. PLEASE HELP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential