• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Law Facilitator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knoman

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi. I was notified that my D.L. was going to be suspended, due to not paying a child support order that I had no idea even existed. I explained that it was, in fact, me that had been financially responsible for my daughter's support, so how is it possible that I should be ordered to pay Solano County also. The worker and I argued the issue for quite awhile, and finally, I just told her that I wanted to speak to her supervisor. First, she told me that she didn't have a supervisor. I insisted that there must be someone who is over her! This is what she told me:

"It doesn't matter what you say! It doesn't matter who you talk to! There is no one that can change the fact that you owe us this money! There's nothing you can do to get out of it!"

So, I stopped arguing with her. I couldn't afford to make the payments (that I didn't rightly owe), and I lost my Driver's License, and soon after, my job, for not having a valid Driver's License.
A few years went by, and my wife finally took a chance and wrote to a Solano County Judge, and tried to explain our situation, hoping that maybe he might be able to do something about it. He wrote back, telling us that it wasn't legal or ethical for him to hear the facts of the case from us in the form of a letter. He forwarded our letter to the Dept. of Child Support Services, and suggested that we should be dealing with them instead. (These were the ones who we were complaining about to begin with!) But, he also told us that if we had any disputes, that we should go to the Facilitator's Office, and they would help us!
When I finally got ahold of someone in that office, and I explained the situation to them, they told me that it was the Child Support Services responsibility, not preference, to refer us to them if we had any disputes concerning our case!
So, I filed a Request for Complaint Resolution, and here's what they stated in their response:

"Based on the entire case history and the numerous conversations with the complainant, failure to refer him to the Family Law Facilitator is not appropriate for the complaint resolution process, therefore, no action is necessary at this time."

My question to you, is, "Isn't the referral to the Family Law Facilitator not only appropriate, but actually standard procedure during the complaint resolution process?"

I'm requesting a State Hearing, and I'd like to be able to show some sort of statute, or by-law, or code which states that in the event of a dispute with respect to a child support order, it is the Department of Child Support Services responsibility to refer me to the Family Law Facilitator. Can you please advise me where to look for this? Thanks for any help that you might offer.

Aaron Owens
[email protected]

510-420-1811

rmet4nzkx

Are you aware that there is a default judgement against you form 2000 based on service by mail? Have you filed to have the order vacated under CA CCP 473?

Who has custody of this child?
Has mom been on welfare or Medi-Cal?
Dates?

rmet4nzkx

Additional questions
Why were you in jail for 1 year?
Were you in jail when you were served the DCSS summons March 17 2000?
Was your license suspended when you got your ticket?
Is your DCSS case is still open did you not show up to the hearing in May 2005, if not why have you not filed, is that what you were asking IAAL in 2003 if not what is that all about? What was the order issued? THere are related cases in Alameda and CO CO Counties.
9-19-2005
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=276975
knoman said:
What is the name of your state? California

Thanks for the help. But I still need to know what I can do to resolve this. I don't have $195 to give the courts, even for a day! And I just can't lose my license! Is there someone that I can write to about this? Time is running out!!!!!
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=276758
9-18-2005
knoman said:
What is the name of your state? California

I owe the Phone Company for an old bill from 1999. I had gone to jail for a year, and the phone was turned off and the bill was never paid. They sent it to a collection agency, and the bill keeps getting higher and higher. The collection agency keeps adding interest charges to it, I guess. I had heard on the news not too long ago, that after 3 years, the debt no longer exists, and the only thing that can be done, is that the agency or creditor can report you to TRW or one of the Credit Reporting Agencies. Your credit will have a bad mark on it, but the debt is gone. Is this true? Are Utility debts different from other debts. And what can I show this Collection Agency in print that lets them know that they can't keep calling me and sending me letters, asking for payment?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=158185
9-5-203
knoman said:
What is the name of your state? ca

I was told that I need to prepare, file and serve a "Statement of Issues, Contentions and Proposed Disposition of the Case" at least 20 days prior to my trial date. Is this an actual form that I can download and fill out? Or is it just my own words on a blank piece of paper?
09-05-2003 05:48 PM
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE
Quote:
Originally posted by knoman
What is the name of your state? ca

I was told that I need to prepare, file and serve a "Statement of Issues, Contentions and Proposed Disposition of the Case" at least 20 days prior to my trial date. Is this an actual form that I can download and fill out? Or is it just my own words on a blank piece of paper?

My response:

The Statement of Issues and Contentions is another way of saying "Trial Brief" - - a "roadmap", as it were, to allow the judge to know where the parties are going at trial; e.g. the agreements and non-agreements, names and addresses of witnesses; references to Exhibits with summaries, and argument in favor of your position, backed up with "authority" (statutes and/or case law) to support your position.

At the court's request, counsel or the parties must prepare a "written statement of issues and contentions" setting forth the facts bearing on the child's best interests. [Ca Fam § 3151(b)]

The Code gives the Judicial Council (in consultation with State Bar Family Law Section representatives and the Senate and Assembly Judiciary Committees) the option to "specify standards" for preparation of the statement of issues and contentions and to promulgate a "model" statement of issues and contentions. The model form "shall include simple instructions regarding how to subpoena a witness, and a blank subpoena form." [Ca Fam § 3151(b)]

However, as of early 2003, no such standards or model form "statement" has been promulgated, and still none exists.

The statement of issues and contentions must be filed with the court and "submitted" to the parties or their attorneys of record at least 10 days before the hearing, "unless the court orders otherwise." [Ca Fam § 3151(b)]

IAAL

knoman

family law facilitator

CA

I had forgotten that it was this forum that I wrote to about an old phone bill which had accumulated interest during a year of being in jail. I was getting information for a friend on mine who is the actual person with the problem.

However, it was my traffic incident which I wrote in about. And I managed to get on the court calendar without paying the fine, and the Judge dismissed it entirely. YEAH!

My daughter was living with her maternal grandmother in Solano County for about a year and a half. I have always paid for all of my daughter's expenses, such as groceries every single Friday, all of her clothes, school supplies, toiletries, uniforms for sports, team fees, class trips and school events, prom dress and limo, etc . . . I drove to the grandmother's house every day of the week, and gave my daughter a ride to school, because she had started skipping school more and more. I gave her lunch money every day and bus fare to get back home.

I never even knew that the grandmother had been receiving aid for her, and I wasn't even notified about a court order for child support until about a year after she had turned 18, and moved out of state.

rmet4nzkx

knoman said:
CA

I had forgotten that it was this forum that I wrote to about an old phone bill which had accumulated interest during a year of being in jail. I was getting information for a friend on mine who is the actual person with the problem.

However, it was my traffic incident which I wrote in about. And I managed to get on the court calendar without paying the fine, and the Judge dismissed it entirely. YEAH!

My daughter was living with her maternal grandmother in Solano County for about a year and a half. I have always paid for all of my daughter's expenses, such as groceries every single Friday, all of her clothes, school supplies, toiletries, uniforms for sports, team fees, class trips and school events, prom dress and limo, etc . . . I drove to the grandmother's house every day of the week, and gave my daughter a ride to school, because she had started skipping school more and more. I gave her lunch money every day and bus fare to get back home.

I never even knew that the grandmother had been receiving aid for her, and I wasn't even notified about a court order for child support until about a year after she had turned 18, and moved out of state.
So prior to her living with grandma, was there a support order for your daughter and if so, how was support to be paid, directly to mom or through CSE? Did grandma have legal guardianship of your daughter or was grandma comitting welfare fraud?

knoman

family law facilitator

Before she lived with her grandmother, there was no child support order here in Alameda County. But, I guess that Solano County issued an order while she was there with her grandma. I don't think her grandmother was trying to commit fraud. It's just that I had always paid for everything for my daughter before she moved in there, and I just continued to pay for everything. I had no idea that anyone was receiving any aid from the county. It wasn't like I was giving the grandmother any money or anything like that. I just brought groceries over every week, I took her to school every day, and whatever my daughter needed, I made sure that she got it. When the Court Order was issued, they claim that they didn't know how to reach me. But, all they had to do was just ask my daughter or even the grandmother. I was there every single morning. I didn't know anything about it until about a year or so after my daughter had turned 18 and moved away.

My original question is:

Do you know if it's the responsibility of the Dept. of Child Support Services to refer me to the Family Law Facilitator's Office if I have any disputes concerning the case?

knoman

family law facilitator

ca

My daughter has always been in the legal custody of her mother, even when she stayed with her grandmother. Her mother had always received welfare for her when she was living in alameda county with her.

rmet4nzkx

I have to ask the questions to figure out what advice you need. The FLF office is really just an office meant to assist you in filing your own court motions and doing child support calculations etc. for people who represent themselves. There is a mediator's office which parents/couples are assigned to when they don't have an attorney to try to mediate a settlement.

NOw you are telling me there was never ANY child support order for your daughter, EVER, but apparently, grandma without saying anything applied for welfare and/or Medi-Cal for your daughter while she stayed there and that the child's mother got welfare all along, and neither of them provided your address. You also state that all along you supported your daughter by paying for all her needs and transporting her to school everyday to make sure she got to school because she has some problems getting to school and gave her money daily to take the bus home. It would seem that you took these measures because the money may have gone elsewhere and your daughter would not have gone to school either.

You and mom both owe child support to Solano county, is there a similar order for mom in Solano county? Why was your daughter living with grandma and not you if mom couldn't take care of her? Did you report the welfare fraud when you discovered it?

Was paternity ever established for your daughter? Have you ever done a paternity test? If so was it private or court ordered.

knoman

Get over yourself! (facilitator)

I sincerely hope that this sarcastic and idiotic advise you give through this forum is the only law that you're practicing. Because I feel sorry for anyone who might accidently hire you as their attorney.

You're a jerk, pretending to be an important critic.

If you could just get over yourself for a moment, and actually read what people write, then maybe you'd luck out and really help someone once in awhile.

I've yet to come across any help or assistance from you, which is what these people need! In my opinion, YOU'RE NOT ALL THAT!

I'll go to another forum for a serious answer. Thanks anyway.

Just Blue

knoman said:
I sincerely hope that this sarcastic and idiotic advise you give through this forum is the only law that you're practicing. Because I feel sorry for anyone who might accidently hire you as their attorney.

If you could just get over yourself for a moment, and actually read what people write, then maybe you'd luck out and really help someone once in awhile.

I've yet to come across any help or assistance from you, which is what these people need! In my opinion, YOU'RE NOT ALL THAT!

Are you insane?

rmet4nzkx

knoman said:

Excuse me has something been deleted? This makes no sense? You have not even answered my questions so I can help you. That being the case, from the few facts you have provided I will advise you to pay the child support you were ordered to pay by Solano County. While you could fight it, you open up a bigger can of worms.

It would appear based on your facts and the court records in Solano county that while there was welfare fraud, you participated in it to some extent and hoped the fact that mom and grandma wouldn't provide your address would keep the counties from collecting the child suport owed the state, however the state is entitiled to collect for welfare paid in lieu of child support, here both mom and grandma collected welfare and child support from you. Both you and the child's mom were ordered to pay child support in Solano Co by defualts entered against you, see below. Your daughter also was arrested and had a FTA and lost her license in 2002.

Now I don't know what your problem is but it isn't that you don't owe Solano County child support for your daughter. The only one responsible for you losing your license or your job is the fact that you tried to commit FRAUD. I am not an attorney, but any decent attorney will vet your claims. Here is the public record available to support what I have just said in case there is any question.

http://courtconnect.solanocourts.com/pls/bprod_cc/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=FFL052740&begin_date=&end_date=

FFL052740 - COUNTY OF SOLANO VS. (knoman)
Filing Date: Friday , March 17th, 2000
Type: CO - Establish Parent.Relation Gov.

http://courtconnect.solanocourts.com/pls/bprod_cc/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=FFL052041&begin_date=&end_date=
FFL052041 - COUNTY OF SOLANO VS. (knowman's ex)
Filing Date: Thursday , February 24th, 2000
Daughter http://courtconnect.solanocourts.com/pls/bprod_cc/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=VCR162995&begin_date=&end_date=
VCR162995 - (knoman's daughter)
Filing Date: Monday , September 09th, 2002
Type: M6 - Vallejo Misdemeanor - Group B

Just Blue

rmet4nzkx said:
Excuse me has something been deleted? This makes no sense? You have not even answered my questions so I can help you. That being the case, from the few facts you have provided I will advise you to pay the child support you were ordered to pay by Solano County. While you could fight it, you open up a bigger can of worms.

It would appear based on your facts and the court records in Solano county that while there was welfare fraud, you participated in it to some extent and hoped the fact that mom and grandma wouldn't provide your address would keep the counties from collecting the child suport owed the state, however the state is entitiled to collect for welfare paid in lieu of child support, here both mom and grandma collected welfare and child support from you. Both you and the child's mom were ordered to pay child support in Solano Co by defualts entered against you, see below. Your daughter also was arrested and had a FTA and lost her license in 2002.

Now I don't know what your problem is but it isn't that you don't owe Solano County child support for your daughter. The only one responsible for you losing your license or your job is the fact that you tried to commit FRAUD. I am not an attorney, but any decent attorney will vet your claims. Here is the public record available to support what I have just said in case there is any question.

http://courtconnect.solanocourts.com/pls/bprod_cc/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=FFL052740&begin_date=&end_date=

FFL052740 - COUNTY OF SOLANO VS. (knoman)
Filing Date: Friday , March 17th, 2000

http://courtconnect.solanocourts.com/pls/bprod_cc/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=FFL052041&begin_date=&end_date=
FFL052041 - COUNTY OF SOLANO VS. (knowman's ex)
Filing Date: Thursday , February 24th, 2000
Daughter http://courtconnect.solanocourts.com/pls/bprod_cc/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=VCR162995&begin_date=&end_date=
VCR162995 - (knoman's daughter)
Filing Date: Monday , September 09th, 2002
Type: M6 - Vallejo Misdemeanor - Group B

Rmet...You ARE all that!! Stand up and take a bow! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">