• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Medical Leave.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BLM1210

Aside from the schedule change now since that has been resolved...what about the matter of demoting me and cutting my pay? Also, taking away my benefits due to me being cut down to part time due to the fact I am taking FML? While the case is under review by DOL for cutting pay and benefits do I continue to work? That is just weird because wouldn't that cause more well crap because I turned it in? Wouldn't that be me agreeing to the pay cut and lose of benefits if I return on those bases?
Please do NOT tell me to ask the DOL that. I already have and they are unable to guide me with that decision. The only thing they are there for is to review my claim and that is merely it...

ecmst12

I would suggest you continue working. If the DOL finds in your favor you will receive the difference in your wages from the illegal demotion retroactive to when it began.

And in the meantime, SOME money is better then NO money! You will still not get unemployment if you quit.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">