• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family1st: closed thread

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA

Family1st said:
But hey according to all of you I am the bad guy here.
Then start being reasonable.
What is so wrong with getting a job to help support YOUR kids?
Why should the kids go to a specific "school" (I'm not sure if it deserves to be called that, but for the sake of argument) against the order and dad's wishes, for the sole reason of "I just want this"?? That's a pretty weak reason.

GrowUp!

Family1st said:
You are right that the court order does not say that I get to make the decision alone. But it also doesn't say that if we don't agree that Dad just gets his way. He wants public school, I do not so if neither of us gets to call the shots why does it end in them going to public school.
If you were smart enough to look at this with an OPEN MIND, you would see that dad does NOT win. Others have already pointed out the statutes fall back onto the public schools for situations just like yours if the parents can't agree.

I think that my ex may have been advised that he will win this by his wife and his wifes employer but I am still not convinced that with everything I have given in on. All I want is this one thing, he can have all the additional time and summer vacation etc. I just want this.
It's not a matter of you "giving in." It's a matter of what's in the best interest of the child. And guess what? I'll bet my house you will LOSE this one -- hands down! If I was the Judge and saw this school was NOT accredited BY THE STATE, I would deny you just based on that. No Court is going to allow a child to go to a "school" that has not been certified by the state. Plus, if you think your child will be able to go transfer to a public school (if this one would go belly-up, as alot of them do) and/or move on to college without any problems, you are really clueless -- or drinking the kool-aid as the saying goes.

And I've done tons of stories/research on the type of school you are looking to enroll the child in and there is no proof to show they are better. IN fact, it's been the opposite. Not to mention the controversial subject matter (Intelligent Design...which is far from being intelligent).

BTW he told me last night that if this goes to court he is also going to seek a reduction in CS. Is that automatically given when it goes from him having EOW to 50/50??
As would be his right.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

Now the thread will be closed.

She has been given the correct legal advice. Whether or not she takes it is of no concern to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">