• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father avoiding paying support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ivyg

CP is in California. NCP moved to Texas.

Mother signed up for DCSS services in October 2017. Father stopped paying support in July 2017. Father was issued a wage garnishment order after settling of arrearages in June 2018. Subsequently, he quit his job the next month and moved to Texas. Now he says he pays himself by having companies contract to pay his LCC and he pays himself through his company. He claims to be making 8000 a month when he was being paid 14000 before. He accesses the company fund to pay himself extra income when he wants. DCSS said they can't get him to pay because his company is a communal property and they can't force him to pay.

Mother's lawyer sent interrogatory requests, a meet and confer letter, and he refused to comply. After filing motion for subpoena, he responded by giving his address in Texas and every other request response says he pays himself through his company so he can't disclose information. During trial for modification DCSS requested paperwork regarding income, he refused to comply so a subpoena was issued. He refused to comply with the subpoena request on time so he was issued sanctions. DCSS levied his bank account so he closed that account and opened another one elsewhere. He claims he banks at ally but after subpoena is issued to ally it is proven that he lied on interrogatory response -- no recourse. He refuses to give his current tax record for the court, only giving the previous years return. He falsifies excel sheets and quicken documents for profit and loss inputting random numbers to make it look like he is getting paid half of what he actually gets paid and submits that as proof to court. Court requested receipts for expenses and from companies paying into his company.

Mother filed for a modification to her support order in September 2018 due to her gaining TRO subsequently leading to her gaining full custody of the children. However, in January 2019 the DCSS judge decided to not modify the order and wants to give dad a chance at getting credits for travel expenses to see the kids as well as his supervised visitation and psych evaluation that he was ordered to pay at full cost by custody judge. Mother has subsequently asked for paperwork to be sent to Texas for further enforcement but DCSS refused to send paperwork to Texas until the modification is made.Mother canceled DCSS enforcement and sent paperwork to TEXAS. How to go forward with this case??

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you are "mother", then you need to speak to your attorney. If you are not "mother", then you need to stop inserting yourself in to this matter.

ivyg

I am the mother and I have an attorney. In addition to my attorneys working the case, I posted here to see what other options there are to move the case forward. The father has been ignoring all court orders, providing false information, paying partial or no child support and it seems that legally all we can do is just keep on demanding from him to start paying. It's all talk and paperwork, and huge legal bills. I am hoping that there are some tangible ways to enforce his payments. He manipulates the system to avoid his responsibility and we are going in circles about it. Is there anyone who would be willing to advice me?

adjusterjack

Your lawyer is the one to advise you, not strangers on the internet.

If you can't get the judge to issue a warrant for his arrest, nothing changes. Sorry, but sometimes reality sucks.

Reactions: t74

t74

Practical not Legal Advice: Don't count on the child support as essential to support the child. There are many parents due CS that do not receive it. If you do not count on receiving CS and you do not get it, you will not be in a financial bind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">